Many companies are making changes to improve their IT processes to give more responsiveness and increased levels of service. This transformation involves leveraging on-site and off-site platforms like in the cloud. In its essence, this is great. However, one of the biggest issues with this transformation is whether the companies are taking the critical steps to ensure cybersecurity and privacy. Do they really know where to begin or what to do when it comes to IT security?
So what are some of the best practices that will create the security needed to protect their customers and other possibly valuable proprietary company information? As in many other arenas of life, education is right at the top of importance. Education programs not only for the Decision Makers of a company and the IT Security Team are critical, it is important to have to keep all co-workers on the same page. It is also essential to have a security awareness program for all employees that give them the parameters of what to do and what NOT to do. Having a well-trained employee base is a fundamental line of defense.
Since cyberattacks are becoming more varied and sophisticated, it is important to get ahead of the problem instead of focusing on just the fixes. There are 3 key challenges for companies to address. The first factor is to make sure that all the Decision Makers are in full agreement and that they are supportive to take the appropriate steps towards cybersecurity. The second important element is that all the Decision Makers understand the possible risks facing the company IF nothing is done. And the third challenge is that there is a well-defined cybersecurity strategy that could be activated.
As companies redefine their responsibility to have a clear line of defense for cybersecurity, it may require their workforce to revisit programs once considered safe. This is where the old adage, “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks” is going to be tested. Not only has some of the cloud services been easily attainable, their popularity has created a society of mass acceptance.
Hopefully, it will not be too difficult to get the support and cooperation from the Decision Makers to initiate a strategy to implement cybersecurity within their company. With the data breaches at Equifax, Facebook, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Yahoo, Verizon, Dropbox, Wendy’s and Weebly just to name a few, it should be obvious that there is a need to fine tune your company’s IT security system.
- ITSOFT Can Setup up Your Network Stability and Cybersecurity for Your Network; your company will be safer than ever before.
- ITSOFT Can Help Small Car Dealer Sales Companies for Used or New Cars, By Creating a Web Site for Them to Sell, and We Can Help Your Sales to Be Higher Than Ever Before.
- ITSOFT can help Trucking Logistic companies by creating a website for them to easily track driver routes every day with their GPS system and with efficiency to save on costs.
- In order to help you be more effective than ever, ITSOFT may install VOIP Call Centre phones with Routing that directs calls to the appropriate agent and takes care of Call Centre demands.
- ITSOFT Can Install VOIP Contact Center Phones with Routing That Gets Calls to the Right Agent, and Takes Care of Contact Center Needs, to Help You to Be More Efficient Than Ever.